Oh geez. My life has been so up and down the past couple of weeks, it's been crazy. Right after I moved home from Rexburg I couldn't move into my new place so I stayed at my parents' house, living out of five different boxes. Limbo. That's where I've been. ick.
I moved into my new apartment on Monday and it's been great (from when I've been there. I'm at work most of the day).
I also started my new job as a tracker at Extended Family Inc. I have to wake up at 5:30am, leave at 6:00am, so I can get there by 6:30am. woof. Now let me tell you. I have worked here for 2 and a half weeks and it has already begun to change my life. I work with troubled youth (ages range from elementary to high school) in a treatment center where they stay, for as long as necessary, to improve themselves until they graduate from the program or are taken out for other reasons. There is never a boring day. Never.
So the reason I'm blogging is because out of a few events that have happened there the past couple of days and from conversations I've had with the girls, it is a wonderful world. And that's that. So many people I've watched, students, teachers, coworkers, employers, have proved this to me. This is not an easy life, but it's a good one.
Now, it can be hard to see that. Very hard sometimes. But it's all about perspective. Someone said once, "The only true disability in this world is a bad attitude."
The Only True Disability in this World is a Bad Attitude
Being here, I have seen a lot of negative but I have been completely overwhelmed by the positive. It's makes me want to cry.
So I am sharing a little bit about my insights the last few weeks and I invite others to take a look at their life and see the good. It's all around us and how sad if we don't acknowledge it!!
My friends, What a Wonderful World.

Cute Marissa! I love this SO much. I certainly could have used this reminder when I was working there.... I cried like every day haha! Also I heard you are best friends with my bosses daughter! Such a small world :)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean! I worked there for 6+ years and I still cannot get over everything I saw there. I reflect often on what I've been able to learn while working there and it has helped my testimony of the Atomement and of the beautiful Plan of Salvation to grow. It was tough working there, but I feel it was worth every tear. Mom and Dad amaze me that they have been doing work like this there whole career and still continue without becoming discouraged or disheartened. That takes a strong character and A LOT of faith and hope.
ReplyDelete