Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

After today

Today has been a pretty eventful day.  Today the supreme court argued about same-sex marriage.  I've had my own beliefs but I have never been one to let the world know them.  Even though the event is in DC I find myself completely enveloped in everybody's opinion on the matter (mainly over Facebook).  There have been two pictures today that have exploded my Facebook page.

 

VS.
 

Seriously.  So many people have changed their Facebook cover and profile picture to whatever their stance is.   I know where I stand. and I want people to understand.  I don't believe what I believe because of the church I belong to.  It's bigger than that.  The family unit is the most important unit in society.  

People say, "why would you force other people to live as you do even though they believe differently."  



why?



This whole thing is so much bigger than people realize.  It goes back to the basics of the plan of Salvation.  It cannot happen any other way.

I have the deepest respect for every human being.  Gay or straight.  This is a completely different subject then same-sex attraction. 


I pray for the best.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to put it. It really is bigger than us. Marriage between a man and a woman is sacred and is part of God's eternal plan. Nothing anyone argues can change the eternal nature of this law.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com