Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

6 Month Anniversary

I have now been going to college for about 4 years. I learned something my first day of college and I continue to re-learn it everyday while I'm here at BYU. College has taught me that I know just about nothing.
Well what has marriage taught me? It's taught me that I can't count. Let's go back to kindergarten and learn how to count to six...

On October 2nd I was sitting in my D&C class waiting for it to start. Our professor comes in with his arms full of a bunch of stuff. He starts the class by apologizing for being late, yada yada yada... He then proceeds to tell us why he was late. He said that an Abercrombie model stopped him outside and said "Listen. My special one is in your class and today's a special day for us. Will you give her these flowers?" Now while my professor's telling us this story I remember that Ben and I had talked about how our 6 month anniversary was coming up on October 2nd. And what day was it again?! October 2nd!  All of a sudden my heart decides to do a gymnastics routine inside my chest. "Oh my gosh!" I'm thinking, "Ben got me flowers for our 6 month anniversary, gosh I love him so much!"

"Emily, where are you?" my professor says. What? Emily? Haha I felt...well I didn't know how to feel. Should I feel ridiculous for thinking that Ben got me flowers or should I feel sad because he didn't? So there I am sitting in a puddle of weird, confused emotions and my professor says, "Wait, there's more. I want you to know that this has never happened to me all the years I've taught here. After that first Abercrombie model stopped me I continued on my route to class when a second Abrocrombie model stopped me with a bouquet of flowers. He said that he had his wife in my class and that today was their 6 month anniversary."  My heart skips the gymnastics routines and just goes to parkour.

"Marissa June? Where are you?" I was so embarrassed but so happy. I really have the most thoughtful husband.

You bet I carried those roses around campus with pride. In fact, I was so excited about the whole thing that I had to document it.
Gracious, I was so happy. Nothing could bring me down. Nothing.

I went to work that day and told my mom about this story. She tried to seem as excited as I was but she hesitantly proceeded to break the news to me.


"Um Marissa, it's only been 5 months..."


Ah ha! Ben and I were so excited to make it to the 6 month mark that we skipped a month.

So there you go, marriage has taught me that I can't count (neither can Ben for that matter).

Ben and I celebrated our real 6 month anniversary a few days ago and it wasn't nearly as exciting as our 5 month. But no matter the month, week, or day I honestly could not be happier with where I'm at.  Don't get me wrong, I have my bad days but no matter how bad they are, the minute I come home to a warm embrace and a juicy kiss everything bad becomes obsolete.

1 comment:

  1. It's true; you both have an Abercrombie model quality. Except you both keep your torsos covered. Luckily, I don't think Abercrombie models are required to count accurately very often.

    I'm so glad you're happy. Step on some crunchy leaves for me today.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com