Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Isn't it about time?

TIME
Time is such a crazy thing.  I've recently concluded that the older I get (I'm now 21... that's right 21.  I have now labeled myself as "old") the more time seems to run by.  I've stopped wishing time away.  I avoid phrases like, "I wish this semester was over" or "I can't wait til Summer".  Don't get me wrong, I look forward to those times but this semester has gone by so incredibly fast that I'm trying to hold onto every moment that I have. 
My time is so precious to me.  My days are stacked with classes, homework, my calling, and work.  I love all these things in their different way but I DON'T HAVE TIME.  There are other things I want to spend time doing like cooking fantastic meals, working out, having sweet roommate time, volunteering for things on campus, dancing, singing, etc.  When I want to improve myself as a person I get frustrated because I don't have the time that I'd like to really work on specific things.  For example, I want to really get into Family History.  If my schedule doesn't permit it why not focus the time on Sunday for that?  wrong.  I spend my time on Sundays doing other things (of great importance) and I love doing those things, I just wish there were more hours in the day.
Because of the craziness this semester I've become much more of a planner.  I like to plan out my time, hour by hour, so that I can manage it more effectively.

e.g.
I'm going to Utah next weekend for the Festival of COLORS.  Suuuper excited.  But I have so much that I want to do when I'm home that I have planned event after event so that I can get it all accomplished.  This is kinda pathetic.  I planned an hour by hour schedule of my two and a half days down in Utah. But good news!!  It is what I will be doing the rest of my life.  

I've officially changed my major to Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in Business and two clusters (together they make a minor) in Public Relations and Event Planning. ta da!

One last announcement: drum roll please........ in September I'll be going to EUROPA! I've always planned on going to Europe in my lifetime but it wasn't in my outline to do it anytime soon.  But from some funky happenings and voilah, I'll be going with a few religion professors and about 40 other students to the land of foreign customs and beliefs.
 Extremely excited but I am not going to with the time away so it will get here faster **see what I did there ;) ;)

Til next time my dears, hopefully it won't be another blue moon.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Time... is so precious. You are great. I wish I could be more like you. You'll have to give me some pointers some time. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com